This year’s photography competition carries the theme: Extreme Weather.
Deadline for entry is July 30, 2013.
Every entrant needs to fill out this form:
A selection of entries will be posted on the Oxford Today website whilst the competition is running. Winning entries will be published in the Michaelmas issue of Oxford Today, which is published in mid-October.
- Entry is open to all Oxford Alumni Card-holders, excluding members of the University’s Development and External Affairs portfolio and their families.
- The photograph must have been taken after 1 January 2013.
- The image may be cropped but otherwise should be unedited. It is acceptable to scan a printed photograph to submit by email.
- Individuals may only submit a maximum of ONE photograph in a .jpeg format with a file size no larger than 8 MB.
- Each entrant must complete an official entry form. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- All entries must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- By entering the competition, alumni/staff agree to grant the University of Oxford and Future Publishing Ltd a licence to publish the image in whole or in part in any edition of the magazine or on the magazine’s website and to grant the University a licence to publish the image in whole or in part in any format or media throughout the world.
- Entrants also agree that the University may choose to produce winning entries in a commercial format. The University reserves the right to sell this item and any profits raised will go towards the support of Oxford Today magazine.
Winners will be announced in the Michaelmas, 2013 issue of Oxford Today magazine, and the first prize-winning entry will be published in the print magazine. All winners’ photographs will be featured on the Oxford Today website following the print announcement.
First Prize: Oxford University Camera bag made from full-grain caramel leather with vintage design and snug protective fitted insert. Features an adjustable shoulder strap and a removable padded insert that securely zips and contains two dividers. Approx. dimensions: 21 x 36 x 19.5 cm. Value £180.
Second Prize: Hine Antique XO Premier Cru
One of the finest cognacs money can buy, comprising grapes drawn only from the privileged Grande Champagne region of cognac. Hine Antique XO Premier Cru is a blend of over 40 different cognacs, aged for over a decade. Fruity, in the signature Hine style, and very rich, cinnamon, nutmeg, and gentle floral aroma – hints of lavender. Donated by Maison Hine. Value £129
Third Prize: Glenfarclas 105 Cask Strength
A knock-out malt whisky. Great depth, sherry. Creamy and nutty. Honey on toast, touch of smoky coffee. Donated by Glenfarclas Distillery in Speyside. Value £40.
Submission of entries
All photographs must be at least 300dpi resolution. They should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Entrants should also complete the online application form. Postal entries cannot be accepted. The deadline for submission of entries is July 30, 2013.
Round 1: All entries are circulated to judges (via access to a Flickr group, or similar) to choose their favourite 10 images from the submitted entries.
Round 2: Each judge is asked to rank these shortlisted images to determine the winners.
Judges: The judging panel will comprise the picture editor for Oxford Today; one member of the Oxford Today Editorial Board with professional experience in media; a professional picture editor from Future publishing.