Oxford Today is a magazine for the University’s 200,000+ alumni body and is produced in a range of formats (print and digital). It has a print circulation of 165,000 and is distributed, without charge, two times a year (in October and April). All full alumni (those who matriculated for an undergraduate or graduate-level course) are eligible to receive the magazine in print.
The magazine is also available on subscription.
Oxford Today aims to:
- celebrate Oxford as a great and unique institution with which alumni are proud to be associated;
- keep alumni updated and involved with the University today;
- provide current news and articles about the University;
- keep readers informed about what's on in Oxford;
- inform and interest readers about alumni benefits, services, networks and events worldwide;
- take pride in alumni successes. As well as 'the great and the good' it charts the success of 'ordinary' alumni who have extraordinary stories to tell;
- show the enormous influence Oxford and its alumni have had and continue to have in world affairs.
The Oxford Today Editorial Advisory Board
An editorial board was created in 1988, drawing together members of the collegiate University and alumni and friends of Oxford. Members of the Editorial Board are selected because of their expertise and commitment to the overall success of the magazine and of the University. The Editorial Board offers constructive support and advice about the quality, range, accuracy and variety of the content; about present and potential contributors and stories; and about the appearance and usability of Oxford Today in print and online.
Anne Brunner-Ellis, Head of Design and Publications Office, University of Oxford
Tom Dyson, Director, Torchbox
Liesl Elder, Director, Oxford University Development Office
Christine Fairchild, Director of Alumni Relations, University of Oxford
Tom Hockaday, technology transfer consultant
Nicolette Jones, author and journalist
Martin Leeburn, former journalist, and PR consultant
Dr Richard Lofthouse, Editor, Oxford Today
Seamus Perry, Professor of English Literature, Fellow, Balliol College, Oxford
Jonathan Ray, Head of Communications, University of Oxford
Sue Unerman, Chief Strategy Office, MediaCom
Dr Helen Wright, Member, Oxford University Alumni Board
* New members are recruited when existing members reach the end of their term of office. If you think that you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for membership to the Board please email the Oxford Today editorial office at email@example.com.