Oberammergau 2020: the Passion Play [fully booked]
Date:19 August 2020 to 26 August 2020
Price:From £2,095 per person (single room supplement £380)
Hidden amongst the low hills of the Bavarian Alps, is the village of Oberammergau, famous as the location of the renowned Passion Play, which only takes place once in a decade. 2020 marks the 42nd Passion Play, and on this tour, you will take in this five hour epic, which draws thousands of visitors to the region. During the seven night trip, you will be accompanied by trip scholar, Professor Bridget Heal, an expert in European religious culture and history, who will provide enlightening lectures on the Protestant and Catholic Reformations and their influence on German and European society and culture.
Professor Bridget Heal, School of History, University of St Andrews
Bridget is Director of the Reformation Studies Institute and lead editor of ‘St Andrews Studies in Reformation History’.
- Join Bridget, an expert in European religious culture and history, for a seven night exploration of the beautiful Austrian Alps
- Enjoy two days in Oberammergau, including 1st class tickets to a performance of the world-renowned Passion Play, only performed every 10 years
- Spend five nights in the beautiful village of St Gilgen by the Wolfgangsee, and explore the Salzkammergut Lake District
- Visit St. Wolfgang, a charming town renowned for its art-rich 14th century church, and historic Salzburg, where the group will enjoy a Mozart dinner concert
- Learn about the historic significance of this region with enlightening lectures on the Protestant and Catholic reformations
+44 (0) 208 9404114