Winter in St Petersburg: dazzling art treasures [fully booked]
Date:23 February 2020 to 28 February 2020
Price:From £2,060 per person (single room supplement £360)
Accompanied by Professor Leporc, you will explore St Petersburg, with its elegant buildings, wonderful architecture, magnificent palaces and superb museums. Your six day visit has been carefully timed so that you will hopefully enjoy the beauty of the city in the snow, but minus the crowds that appear later in the year. Your stay will include two trips to the Hermitage, as well as a day excursion to Tsarkoye Selo, the spectacular town of Imperial Palaces just outside of St Petersburg. For those who wish, the journey can be extended to include a four day visit to Russia’s traditional ‘Holy Mother’ – Moscow.
Professor Alexei Leporc, Curator of Western European Art, Hermitage Museum, St Petersburg
Alexei was Professor of 15th-20th Century West European Art and Architecture at St Petersburg European University (1999-2006).
- Visit the Hermitage to view its glittering and gilded rooms and its unrivalled collection of European and Russian art
- Immerse yourself in a ballet or opera in one of Europe's grandest theatres
- Relax in an excellently located hotel only a few minutes walk from the city's main sights including the Palace Square, the Hermitage and Saint Isaac's Cathedral
- Visit the stunning Fabergé Museum
- Enjoy a day excursion to Tsarkoye Selo, the spectacular town of Imperial Palaces outside of St Petersburg, and to the Peter and Paul Fortress and Yussopev Palace
- Extend your visit to include a high speed train ride and a three day visit to Moscow
Further information & bookings