Cruise the Carian Coast: ancient sites and ruins [fully booked]
Date:19 September 2020 to 26 September 2020
Price:From £2,495 per person (single room supplement £1,350)
Turkey, where Europe and Asia meet to form ‘the cradle of civilisation’, is yours to discover on this exclusive seven day cruise along the turquoise coast of Caria. You will be accompanies by classicist, Professor Richard Hunter, on a traditional, private chartered gulet. On this relaxing journey you will discover hidden historic sites and romantic ruins and castles. You will travel far beyond the popular tourist traps and enjoy behind-the-scenes visits to archeological sites. A trip on a river boat along the Dalyan river to visit the Roman city of Caunos is a highlight, and there will be plenty of opportunity to swim and relax in the congenial company of fellow alumni.
Professor Richard Hunter, Regius Professor of Greek, University of Cambridge
Richard is author of some twenty monographs and twice been Chair of the Faculty of Classics.
- Cruise the Carian Coast aboard an exclusively chartered, traditional gulet
- Visit Bodrum’s Crusader Castle and its Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Discover the ancient site of Knidos and the foundations of the ancient Temple of Aphrodite
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes visit led by on-site archaeologists to Aphrodisias, currently being excavated by New York and Oxford Universities
- Visit the Roman city of Caunos, known for its spectacular 4th century cliff-face temple tombs
- Walk up an ancient Hellenistic packway at Ağlımanı and visit the romantic ruins of Lydae
+44 (0) 208 9404114