India’s glorious history: the essential highlights
Date:11 October 2020 to 24 October 2020
Price:From £3,485 per person with flights (single room supplement £865)
Join Dr Rima Hooja and delve into the fabulous and fascinating history of India. Explore the culture of the Mughals with their superb architecture and intriguing personal histories. Learn about the Sikh religion and feel the very heart of Amritsar whilst visiting the outstanding Golden Temple. In Delhi, probe deep into the glory of the Mughal rulers, and in Agra, admire the sensitivity of the architecture of the Taj Mahal and the strength and dominance of Agra Fort. The sheer genius of the Astronomical Observatory in Jaipur is incredible, but well matched by the magnificence of Amber Fort and the delight of the Palace of Winds. Finally take a day trip to Tilonia Barefoot College and interact with the students as they participate in their vocational studies.
Dr Rima Hooja (Camb), Consultant Director at MSMS II Museum City Palace, Jaipur
Rima is an archaeologist, historian, writer and an authoritative voice on the history of Rajasthan. Her publications include A History of Rajasthan and Rajasthani Stories Retold.
- Delve into the fascinating history of India, exploring its culture, architecture, religion and breathtaking scenery
- Participate in the spiritually moving Sukh Aasan ceremony in Amritsar and visit the Golden Temple, the holiest Gurdwara of Sikhism
- Explore Old Delhi with insights from an INTACH scholar, before taking a rickshaw ride to Jama Masjid
- Discover New Delhi, before moving on to a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Join the students at Tilonia Barefoot college near Jaipur and interact with the them as study
- Discover hidden gems off the main tourist tracks including the Gyarah Siddi, Mehtab Bagh and Humayun’s Tomb